What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are a semi-permanent enhancement to the natural lashes. The
service consists of silk or synthetic mink lashes applied with a medical grade sensitive
adhesive to the natural lash. Lash extensions can last up to 4 weeks with proper
How will they look and feel?
When applied by our skilled technicians they will look completely natural, only much
longer and fuller. They will feel like your own eyelashes. We do not count lashes, we will
add as many or as few as needed to create the right look for you.
How long will my initial appointment take?
We take an artisan approach with our customers and will not rush your appointment.
You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 75-120 minutes. Unlike
some salons we do not count eyelashes, a full set is a full set. We will use as many as
are needed to create the right look for you. If you are happy, then we are happy.
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly applied and cared for, your eyelash extensions will last for four to six
weeks. Please see the Lash Extension aftercare†section on how to properly care for
your eyelash extensions to maximize longevity.
What is a fill and how often should I get one?
After your initial set of eyelash extensions you will receive instructions on how to care
for them. Fills are done every three to four weeks depending on care and how quickly
your eyelashes grow. An eyelash extension fill take a shorter time to do and the prices
Why do I lose some of my eyelashes?
Due to the natural growth cycle of your lashes you will find your natural eyelashes shed
every 60-90 days as new ones grows in. We recommend getting a fill every three to four
weeks to fill in lashes on the new growth.
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
Yes and no. Yes, your lashes can be damaged if you go to someone who was not
properly trained and uses cheap products not intended for long wear. No, extensions
properly applied by a certified, trained technician who uses quality products should not.
Our eyelash extension application techniques and innovative aftercare ensures your
A friend of mine is allergic to the products, is this common?
True allergic reactions do happen, but are rare. If you have developed an allergic
reaction you may still wear extensions with some changes made to the aftercare
process. What is more common is eye infection due to improperly washing and caring
for your lashes. Waiting 24 hours to wash lashes and not washing your eyelashes the
entire time you wear them are the most common causes of infections. Imagine not
washing the head on your hair for weeks or months. This is the most common reason
wearers lose their lashes prematurely.
Can I use eyelash growth products with my extensions?
Lash growth products that contain steroids change the composition of your lashes and
accelerate your eyelash shedding cycle, therefore we cannot guarantee the outcome.
Natural lash growth products containing peptides are wonderful and will have no
adverse effect on the longevity of your extensions.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your lash extensions, but for nights that you
want extra drama you can use a water-based mascara. We carry several brands to
choose from. We also offer a service to add a semi-permanent mascara that lasts seven
to ten days. See the aftercare section below for tips on using mascara.
Preparing for your Lash Appointment:
To maximize your time with your lash stylist, please remove all makeup in your eye area, including foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, eye creams, and eye serums.
• Clean your lashes gently but thoroughly to remove any residual oils or mascara.
• Shower and wash your hair.
• If you are a contact lens wearer, wear your glasses to your appointment.
• Do not curl your lashes the day of your appointment.
• Do not apply heavy creams, lotions, or oils to your face in the 48 hours before your appointment.
• Do not tint or perm your lashes in the 48 hours before your appointment.
• Let us know if you have recently received any irritating cosmetic treatments (such as skin resurfacing procedures, chemical peels, eyebrow waxing, laser treatments, permanent makeup application, etc.) in your eye area.
• Consult your doctor before your appointment if you are pregnant, are taking medication, suffer from any medical conditions or allergies, or are recovering from any medical procedure.
After your lash appointment:
Now that you have Legacy Lash Artistry lashes please take note of these tips to maintain them. With proper care and fills your eyelashes can last a very long time!
● Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first two hours.
● Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The
extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
● Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
● Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
● After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it best to blot them with a towel and let them air dry.
● You can also dry the lashes by using a hair dryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. It makes them curlier and fluffy.
● Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.